Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Paanch Ratan health ke liye....

Daal...Lentil.. Pulses..call it by any name. Its nutrition in yummy form. At one time, I hated eating it and my mom used to lament every time I removed it from my plate. I did give her some grief growing up and can relate to it now since it's my turn to face the music : -)  Dals have very high levels of protein and are excellent source of iron, folate, vitamin B and dietary fibers. There are many varieties but most common ones are right there on the plate

So today I am going to share one recipe from my favorite cookbook Prashad - Cooking with Indian Masters. Prashad-Cooking with Indian Masters

I had been wanting to try out Punj Rattni Dal  for long time, in fact every time I opened this book.. I used to think "oh I havent tried this yet, must get to it soon". Soon came much later!

I'll list out the ingredients and the procedure as is and mention wherever I made changes.

Read more »

4 comments:

R said...

luv the protein packed daal, healthy and tasty!

Shy S. said...

Thanks Rupali :)

Reva said...

Yummy dal... it is a nice idea to combine different kinds of dal in onw dish.. have to try this one:) Nice blog... has got a bright sparkle to it:) keep posting some more yummy recipes.. great work:) Glad that I visited your blog..
Reva

Shy S. said...

Thanks Reva for stopping by..visitors like you make it even more encouraging :)