Saturday, May 28, 2011

Z for Zebra Cake!

I am a relatively new cook and surfing food blogs has become my latest pass time. There are so many ideas out there.. it mind boggling!! During this blog cruising, I came along Passionate About Baking. Its one helluva blog, I have to say. More than the content, the pictures pop out straight away. There is a lot I need to learn about food photography. And the cakes... ooooooh cakes Deeba makes. Hey that rhymes!! It makes you want to eat them right from the pictures. She is an awesome photographer ( I would be blind to say otherwise ) and a great baker. There are some more recipes there that I am definitely going to try like Roasted Garlic Focaccia and  Kathci Biryani


Anyways, I was looking around for some simple yet different cake to bake for my husband's birthday. Google.....links......and blogs later, I came upon this zebra cake. Its a regular cake, just different looking! Perfect for S.... he likes the old fashioned home baked cakes. And the stripes would definitely interest my kids.

Read more »

3 comments:

Jayasri said...

Hi shy, beautiful blog dear, first time here, nice to have met you, your zebra cake has come out really well, I have made one very long back, it is lovely experience to bake one like this and feel so amazed to see the beautiful crosses in the bake right, thank you very much for sending this lovely cake to the T & T event, thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Hi, the cake looks great ans I am sure it will taste great too..its a great idea!..and loved your other posts too...keep posting!!

Sandhya

aipi said...

Very attractive and gorgeous zebra cake, you got all the layers perfect ~ neat work!!
US Masala