Monday, May 9, 2011

Green maange more.....Methi thepla/paratha

Fenugreek plant can be used in variety of forms - fresh leaves, dried leaves ( kasoori methi ) and its seeds as a spice. And every form gives a distinct flavor to the dish. I regularly use it to make potato curry or mustard seed curry. It also has a lot of medicinal value and is thought to be useful in common cold, arthritis and helpful to lactating mothers. Because of the health benefits, fernugreek seeds are already available as capsules in health stores.

Enough of gyan...lets get to business. Simply put.. I love methi paratha. This is one of the items that I remember from my childhood that I absolutely loved. Methi leaves are quite bitter, but still manage to taste absolutely delicious in parathas. I like it in theplas too... its a gujurati snack....sort of crispy paratha that is especially good for travelling. Now comes my twist to this delicious snack... I added some pureed spinach to it. Why? because I had some left over from spinach raita I had made for lunch. And you know me..... I like not to waste ;-) Me...... responsible? ..... naaah!


Ok no more rambling.. I will get to process straight away.

Read more »

2 comments:

Reva said...

I love the twist of adding pureed spinach:) parathas sure looks very healthy and delicious..:)
Reva

Shy S. said...

Thanks Reva :)