Friday, June 17, 2011

Easy peasey banana bhujiya

Whenever one thinks of banana, immediately this yellow   guy comes to mind.  Easiest food to eat and requires no cooking. But its a different story with raw bananas or plantain. It was pain peeling it... something I didnt even think about when its dishes were made back home. Hmmmm... I should have paid more attention  - bad bad ...LOL!!

Anyways, once that struggle was over,  it was breeze after that. I really like eating banana bhujiya and was reminded that I liked eating this when my sister made it one day on my recent trip to her house. Hows that for forgetfulness !!! So when I saw it in store, I had to try it out - came out totally yummylicious. It was so easy to make and thats best part...well after the taste. Next time I am going to be bolder and try out banana kofta.

One thing, you  need to use quite a bit of oil to get that crunchy surface. But I decided to compromise on the crunchiness factor instead. Go ahead use more oil ....fried stuff never ever tastes bad ;- )

Oh yes I used locknlock products - from start to finish. I made the bhujiya in myLocknLock ceramic frying pan, served and stored in my Zen&Lock ceramic container. Its really pretty and light weight... You can check it out in the pictures below.

Read more »

1 comment:

aipi said...

That looks delicious. I'm totally craving it :)
US Masala